- 5 cl good quality dark rom
- 3 cl lemon juice
- 2 cl sugar syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash Angostura Bitter
- 1 dash Orange Bitter
- Jigger (A measuring tool)
- Ice Cubes
- Mexican Elbow (A squeezer)
- A glass to serve in
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail strainers
Looking for delicious rum cocktails where you can actually taste the rum? Then you don't have to search anymore. Here we share our Rum Sour Cocktail Recipe. It's a really tasty cocktail. If you are a fan of good quality rum, then it's perfect for you. If you are not a fan of rum, then this may change your mind.
Rum Sour is a twist on the classic Whisky Sour. However, it's way easier to consume, as Rum is a bit sweeter than Bourbon Whisky. This is because Rome is made on molasses (a waste product from sugar production), where Bourbon is made from corn.
Here you get the full cocktail recipe so you can mix it at home. Of course, it requires some bar equipment, but below you have a full list of what you need.
Cheers in advance!
Do you know anyone who fancy Rum?
Then share this recipe with them so they learn how to make a great Rum cocktail!
- Make sure you have all of the above ingredients and the correct amounts. Otherwise, you may not get this cool result.
- Start by pouring rum, lemon juice and sugar syrup into your cocktail shaker.
- Then put your egg white into your cocktail shaker. Make sure there is no egg yolk or eggshells there.
- Now dry shake your cocktail. This is like shaking the cocktail, just without ice cubes. This is simply to make the egg white fluffy and create lots of delicious foam.
- Close your cocktail shaker properly before shaking. Now smile and shake.
- Next you have to shake the cocktail again. This time with ice cubes. Fill your shaker with ice, close it well and shake until you notice that the cocktail is ice cold.
- Pour your Rum Sour into your cocktail glass. We recommend that you serve it in a Rocks glass (Whisky glass).
- Garnish your cocktail with a lemon peel.
- Serve and toast with your happy guests!
There is no charge to receive an offer. You are not committed to hire us in any way. We welcome any kind of contact and hope that we could be in service!
Cocktail tips from us
A nice advice could be to try this cocktail with a twist. Ginger, berries or other fruit. Your imagination and probably your taste set the limits!
We also recommend that you try to replace the rum with your favorite spirit. It's certainly not quite a Rum Sour anymore, but another Sour. It's still beyond awesome though. Gin Sour or Whiskey Sour being the most famous. But we not give it a go with Snaps or Tequila. Cheers.
Follow us to get more awesome Cocktail Recipes and help make a world full of rum and happiness! Cheers!