- 1,5 cl white rum
- 1,5 cl vodka
- 1,5 cl tequila
- 1,5 cl triple sec
- 1,5 cl gin
- 1 cl sugar syrup
- 2,5 cl freshpressed lemonjuice
- 1 Coke
Would you like to be drunk fast? Or do you just love the taste of cola? Then we are happy to present our Long Island Iced Tea recipe.
The origins of the cocktail can be traced back to the 1970s. The bartender Robert Butt mixed the cocktail in a competition. The competition was to invent a new cocktail with triple sec. He worked at the Oak Beach Inn on Long Island and therefore he named the cocktail Long Island Iced Tea.
Here is our cocktail recipe. It should be easy to make so you can make it at home.
Do you know anyone who loves Long Island Iced Tea?
Then share this cocktail recipe with them so they kan make it themselves!
- Make sure you have everything listed above. This creates an incentive for a really good result.
- Start by pouring the correct amount of rum, gin, tequila, sugar syrup, vodka and triple sec into your cocktail shaker.
- Press half a lemon, which should correspond to about 2.5 cl juice. Pour it down to the liquor.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Then close it safely. You want to make sure it's completely tight.
- Now you should shake the cocktail. Smile and shake the cocktail shaker as you were Tom Cruise in Cocktail.
- Put the cocktail in your glass. Add ice cubes.
- Top light with cola.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve it. Cheers!
There is no charge to receive an offer. You are not committed to hire us in any way. We welcome any kind of contact and hope that we could be in service!
Cocktail tips from us
You can easily twist Long Island Iced Tea. Here are a few different ways.
Try to top with sprite or 7up and add kiwi liqueur instead of Triple Sec. Then you have a Tokyo Iced Tea.
You can also just top with cranberry juice instead of cola. Then you have a Long Beach Iced Tea.
Fun fact: Bartenders at the best cocktail bars are not huge fans of Long Island Iced Tea. It's because you try to hide the taste of spirits. It's just a mix of many spirits. In addition, cola is added to hide the taste of alcohol even more. Last but not least you add syrup so it only gets sweeter.
Follow us to get more awesome Cocktail Recipes and help make a world drunk and peacful hopefully! Cheers!