- 4 cl Rum (You can use either white and dark rum. We recommend a good quality rum. Ron Mulata etc.)
- 2 bar spoons of cane sugar with a top (teaspoons)
- 1 cl Sugar Syrup (1 part of boiling water + 1,5 parts sugar = sugar syrup!)
- 1 whole lime
- A small handful of mint (10-12 mint leaves)
- Measuring cups
- Crushed ice
- Soda water
Here we give you the very best Mojito recipe. If you want to know how to make Mojito then you are on the right page. Here we share our Mojito cocktail recipe that we use when we serve cocktails for guests around the world.
Mojito is an old celebrity which, despite it's been popular for ages, still is a sure winner for any cocktail party. If it's made properly, it will even make a sad grey rainy Monday into an exotic summer day full of good vibes.
Use this cocktail recipe next time you make Mojito. We guarantee that the result is beyond tasty.
Cheers in advance!
Do you know any fans of the Mojito?
Then share this cocktail recipe with them so they learn how to make the best mojito!
- Start by making sure you have all of the above ingredients so you're ready to make your Mojito!
- Cut half a paste into small pieces and put into your glass.
- Now put two topped teaspoons of cane sugar down to your lime.
- Now press the lime with a muddler so the lime and cane sugar mix well together. If you don't have a muddler use something similar (worst case scenario use a spoon).
- Then put your handful of mint into your glass. Just give it a little spank/dash so all the flavours are wake up (see the video if you don't understand what we mean.)
- Fill your glass with crushed ice. And hereby we mean that you fill it up completely. Thanks.
- Next, pour the rum and sugar syrup over the crushed ice.
- Press the other 1/2 lime into your glass.
- Now you have to churned (stir) your mojito. This is done to dilute your cocktail a little. Use a spoon for doing this. The goal is to make the lime, cane sugar and mint leave the bottom of the glass. You want it to be all over the glass.
- Top your cocktail slightly with soda water. Not too much soda water, but just a bit.
- Now fill your glass with even more crushed ice. It should be over the edge of the glass and form a nice top.
- Garnish with 1-2 mint sprigs and maybe also a lime.
- Serve for your guests!
There is no charge to receive an offer. You are not committed to hire us in any way. We welcome any kind of contact and hope that we could be in service!
Cocktail tips from us
We recommend a good quality rum for this cocktail. Not that you need to go all in and use the most expensive one aged for a decade. However please use a good standard rum. We recommend Ron Mulata, Brugal, Havana Club or other great alternatives. You can use both white and dark rum in this cocktail. The taste will be different depending on your choice. Some might prefer it with the white rum while others prefer the dark twist.
You can easily twist the cocktail with other syrups/purés/fresh fruits. You can replace sugar syrup with raspberry puree, blackberry syrup or caramel syrup. Or whatever you feel like. Your imagination is the limit together with your taste of course.
Another delicious option is to top it with cava, prosecco or champagne. If you go that way then it's actually called a Royal Mojito. You can also spice it up with ginger ale or ginger beer. Here we recommend that you scratch the sugar syrup since the ginger ale or ginger beer already consist lots of sugar.
You can also twist your mojito with another base of spirits. Try with vodka, tequila or cachaca etc. It's of course not an original Mojito anymore but then name it after yourself. Put Tequila in and call it Toms Teqito.
Follow us to get more awesome Cocktail Recipes and help us make a world filled with mint, good vibes and smiling faces! Cheers!