- 3 cl Vodka (We recommend Sobieski)
- 2 cl Coffee Liquor (We recommend Araku)
- 5 cl Espresso (Alternatively use strong coffee)
- 1 cl Gomme (1 part boiling water + 1,5 part fine sugar = Sugar Syrup!)
- Chocolate flakes or coffee beans!
- Cocktail Martini glasses
- Cocktail Shaker (Alternatively a Fitness Shaker)
- Ice cubes
- Double Strainer and a Strainer (Or alternatively any tool you can use for straining)
Here we give you the recipe for the classic and quite delicious Espresso Martini. It's actually really simple to make, as you only need a few pretty basic ingredients.
We recommend Espresso Martini as an after-dinner cocktail. It works great in addition to the coffee you normally serve after a lovely dinner. It also works really well as a starter at your cocktail party. The espresso combined with alcohol is just a match that will boost your energy and your mood in minutes. Cheers for that!
Do you know anyone who loves Espresso Martini?
Share this cocktail recipe with them right here!
- Find your Cocktail Shaker and all the ingredients! Pour Vodka, Araku and sugar syrup into your cocktail shaker. Remember you can always adjust the cocktail later, so if pour 0,5 cl too much of one of the ingredients then don't throw out the entire content. Just adjust it later.
- Now pour 5 cl Espresso in your cocktail shaker. Here we recommend good espresso. Warm as cold. If it's hot, just shake the cocktail for a little longer. If you don't have espresso, strong coffee is also an option. However good espresso will give you the best result. Please don't forget to make the coffee too thin as you shake it. If it's thin then it becomes quite boring since it will get even thinner when you shake it.
- Now fill your cocktail shaker with lots of ice cubes.
- Next is shaking! It's important that you shake it hard. We want foam on top of our cocktail. That you'll achieve by using plenty of ice cubes in the shaker and give it a hard shake.
- Now pour your espresso martini in your martini cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with coffee beans or chocolate flakes.
- Serve and toast with your guests!
There is no charge to receive an offer. You are not committed to hire us in any way. We welcome any kind of contact and hope that we could be in service!
Cocktail tips from us
Cool off your Cocktail Martini Glasses before use. It will make a difference to the overall taste experience.
You can twist your cocktail with other spirits. We recommend that you try the cocktail with a delicious dark room or a great tequila.
You can also twist the classic with different syrups/liqueurs in. We recommend that you try a twist with cinnamon, liquorice or orange. You get another taste experience and a new flavour. It's a new cocktail. However, we will not advise you to add berry syrups or any juices. The chance of success is minimal.
History of the cocktail
Espresso Martini så først dagens lys tilbage i 1984, da bartender legenden Dick Bradsell mixede den i London. Der er flere historier omkring hvordan den præcist blev opfundet. En går på, at der en dag kom en flot model ind på Dick Bradsells bar Brasserie Soho. Da Dick spurgte hvad hun ville have svarede hun: "I want something that can wake me up and then fuck!". Da Dick stod lige ved siden af kaffemaskinen, så var det nærliggende at bruge kaffe deri. Vodka var vanvittig populært på det tidspunkt, så det var nærliggende, at bruge den som base. Han mixede altså der den første version af den klassiske kaffe cocktail.
Follow us to get more awesome Cocktail Recipes and help make a world a lot more festive! Cheers!