🌪🍹 Dark and Stormy 🍹🌪
Here you get the cocktail recipe for a classic Dark and Stormy. It’s a spicy cocktail with lots of power.
The last few years it has really gained ground all around the world. We recommend Dark and Stormy to anyone who may need an extra boost at their cocktail party. The dark rum, ginger beer and lime will all together get you up and out on the dance floor. Cheers!
Do you know anyone who fancy Dark and Stormy? 😍
Share this cocktail recipe with them so they learn how to make the lovely classic:
Dark and Stormy Cocktail Recipe
Recipe for a Dark and Stormy:
Ingredients in one cocktail:
- 4 cl. Dark rum (We recommend Goslings Black Seal) 🥃
- 1,5 cl Lime (Around 1/2 a lime) 🍈
- 1/2 can of Ginger Beer 🛢
- 2-3 dash Angostura Bitter
- Highball Glasses 🍹
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Jigger ⚖️
- Ice Cubes ❄️
How to make it:
- Find all your ingredients so you’re all set!
- Start by filling your glass with plenty of ice cubes. The glass should be filled up completely with ice. Not half full, completely full!
- Now pour 4 cl of dark rum into your glass. If you are freezing or just want a stronger taste of great tasting rum then pour 5 cl instead.
- Press 1/2 lime lime into your glass. Here we recommend using a Mexican Elbow (a lime squeezer). If you don’t have such a fancy tool then just use good old-fashioned handcraft.
- Next you top your cocktail with Ginger Beer. It’s Ginger Beer and not Ginger Ale. Ginger Ale can be used with pleasure, but it’s not a Dark and Stormy. Then it’s actually called a Fidel Castro (another classic cocktail).
- Now give your cocktail a couple of dash of Angostura Bitter. (You call it dash as it’s not just a few drops).
- Finally you decorate your cocktail with a lime wheel. We also taste the cocktail with our eyes so the look of your cocktail is absolutely crucial. The better it looks, the better it tastes. Fact!
- Serve with a straw if you want to make your dentist cheerful.
- Now what? Cheers, smile and dance with your guests! 💃🏽🕺🏽
- We definitely recommend Gosling Black Seal dark for your Dark and Stormy. There is a reason that it’s the rum in a classic Dark N ‘Stormy. The taste is just far better than other dark rums.
- You can twist your Dark and Stormy like you can with lots of other classic cocktails. We recommend substituing the spirit. Try the cocktail with a great gin, an awesome tequila or just a vodka. If you put vodka in then you actually have a Moscow Mule. You can also use different syrups/liqueurs/juices to give it a twist. You will just get another taste experience and a new cocktail. So if you don’t have the exact ingredients? Be creative. Cheers! 🍹
Dark N ‘Stormy is actually a copyrighted cocktail. It was the two Gosling brothers who invented this cocktail and copyrighted it. They produced their Gosling Black Seal rum on Bermuda with great success. Bermuda is known as a small island. Ginger Beer was also produced here. Of course it did not take long before the two were poured into the same glass. It tasted brilliant and got really popular. Therefore the two Gosling brothers patented it. Meaning that you can’t call it a Dark N ‘Stormy cocktail if you don’t use Goslings Black Seal as the base spirit. We don’t know when they added lime and Angostura but both was probably to find in Bermuda in the 1850s, when Dark and Stormy was invented.
Share our cocktail recipe and make the world more Dark and Stormy in a quite positive way! 🕺🏽🌪💃🏽
If you need further guidance then find it right here:
This post is also available in: Dansk (Danish)