🍋🍸 Buckthorn Gin Fizz recipe 🍸🍋
Do you want a delicious and refreshing cocktail with gin? Here is exactly what you are looking for. A Gin Fizz recipe with buckthorn!
The buckthorn has become quite popular in the recent years. Especially in the food industry in the Northern Europe. Some may consider buckthorn as a new buzz word in the modern catering. However the buckthorn has actually been used for more than 1000 years in China. Here it was used as a vitamin bomb and to cure stomach ache.
Here we’ve paired the buckthorn with gin, as we thought it would work really well together. The fresh taste of the buckthorn and the spicy taste of the gin is just a great match.
Here you get our cocktail recipe so you can make it at home.
Cheers for that!
Do you know anyone who loves gin? Or just wanna try a cocktail with buckthorn? 👐🏽😃
Then share this recipe with them!
Did you know that we can swing by your office and teach you and your colleagues about cocktails? Our Cocktail Teambuilding is a different and fun form of teambuilding.
Get a free quote right here:
Buckthorn Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
Recipe of a Buckthorn Gin Fizz:
Ingredienser i én cocktail:
- 4 cl Gin 🍸
- 3 cl Freshpressed lemonjuice 🍋
- 2 cl Sugar syrup 🍯 (1 part sugar mixed with 1 part boiling water)
- 3 cl Buckthorn juice 🥃
- 1 Eggwhite 🥚
- Jigger ⚖️
- Icecubes ❄️
- Mexican Elbow (A lemon squeezer) ⚙️
- Cocktail Shaker ⚱️
- Cocktail Strainers 🗑
- Soda water 💦
- A cocktail glass 🍸
- Fresh buckthorn or flowers for garnish 💐
- Your good vibe! 😄
- Some thirsty and awesome guests you can serve! 💃🏽🕺🏽
How to make it:
- We recommend that you ensure that you got all mentioned above. Otherwise there is no guarantee of a delicious result.
- Start by finding your cocktail shaker.
- Put 1 egg white into your shaker.
- Now pour the gin, sugar syrup and buckthorn juice down there.
- Then find your Mexican Elbow forward and press 3 cl lemon juice. It should be completely fresh. That just taste way better than concentrate. Pour it into your cocktail shaker.
- Now close your cocktail shaker. It should be completely tight so you won’t waste anything when you shake it.
- First shake the cocktail without ice. This is called a ‘dry shake’. You do this to make the egg white all foamy.
- Now fill your cocktail shaker with lots of ice cubes. Fill it well as you want an ice-cold cocktail but don’t want to dilute it.
- Shake your cocktail shaker like Tom Cruise himself.
- Then open the cocktail shaker by clapping lightly on the tin (metal part).
- Strain your cocktail using your strainers into your cooled cocktail glass.
- Top the cocktail light with soda water.
- Garnish with a flower like in the video, dried buckthorn or fresh buckthorn.
- Serve and toast with your happy guests! 💃🏽🕺🏽
Good advice from us:
- We recommend that you twist your Gin Fizz in different ways. That way you never get tired of this delicious cocktail!
- Try to remove or replace the buckthorn with something else. Thyme, rosemary, cucumber, strawberry, licorice. The imagination and your taste set the limits.
- You can also replace the liquor. We are fans of tequila in the office. Give that a try. Otherwise, Mezcal, Bourbon and Rum are also really delicious.
- Another cool twist is to top your cocktail with something else than soda water. It could be ginger beer, ginger ale, sprite, prosecco, champagne etc. All of them are pretty nice in different ways!